Tuesday, May 20, 2014

MAC x PROENZA SCHOULER LIPSTICK REVIEW


Lately, Mac has been coming out with so many collections I couldn't catch up with all of them but this one really got my attention. They collaborated with Proenza Schouler- a chic and stylish label based in New York. The entire MAC x Proenza Schouler collection has an ombre-chrome packaging with Purple, Yellow and Green as its main colors. It catched my eyes right the way when i went in store the other day

I was recommended by the makeup artist there the MAC x Proenza Lipstick in Mangrove ($22). Honestly, it's pretty pricey for a lipstick but i couldn't resist I mean just look at it, too gorgous. Ugh makeup with pretty packaging is my guilty pleasure Does anyone feel that way too or is it just me? Anyways, here it is!



The pictures don’t do the lipstick justice because in person it's crazy bright. You can lessen the loudness of the lipstick by applying it on your lips with your finger or a lips brush, just slowly builds the layers up depends on your liking.

Mangrove comes off as a bright red with a hint of orange in it. It has a matt finish which I like but it seems a little bit dry for me, but then again, my lips are super dry, so to all of my dried-lips girls, remember to exfoliate and moisturize your lips well before applying the lipstick. Otherwise, it applies pretty smooth and extremely pigmented!

   DURABILITY:
   The color lasted on me for about 4 hours before i need to touch-up again, which is pretty good but i        was kind of expecting more. 
   PIGMENTATION:
   There is no doubt that this lipstick is a win-win when it comes to pigmentation!
   FORMULA:
   My lips get dry after wearing this for a while

OVERALL:
I love this lipstick but I don't think it's something you really NEED considering the price. Still a fun piece to add to your lipsticks collection though So that is it for my MAC x Proenza Schouler Lipstick Review! I hope you find this helpful somewhat and thank you so much for reading!
Later-gator !


Neons by OPI Review
Check out Emily's makeup haul!
FOLLOW US ON BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment